Research and Scholarship
At the University of the Pacific, research and scholarship strengthen the student-centered environment and invigorate intellectual inquiry across the campus. Our faculty collaborate with undergraduate and graduate students on interdisciplinary research and scholarship that focuses on real world problems.
OSP assists Pacific faculty and staff with all aspects of funding research, proposal submissions and awards, and research compliance.
OSP's services include:
- Manage university grants and contracts
- Research and identify funding prospects
- Provide support with proposal development
- Prepare proposal budgets
- Submit proposals to university officials for approval
- Submit proposals and other required documents to funders
- Assist with electronic proposal submissions
- Administers research compliance programs and committees, including the Institutional Review Board for human subjects research
- Host regular events to educate faculty and staff on external funding-related practices and research compliance
- Enforce research compliance with federal, state, local and university policies and regulations
- Manage several internal award programs, including research and conference travel awards for Pacific graduate students