The Gender Studies Program at Pacific is an interdisciplinary program that involves a variety of courses in different disciplines—Art History, Biology, Classics, English, French, Health Exercise & Sport Sciences, History, Psychology, Religion, Sociology, and Spanish—dealing with issues of gender.
Our program offers a minor to students interested in the study of gender. Students also have the option to work on a self-designed major in Gender Studies in consultation with their faculty adviser(s) and the Director of the Gender Studies Program.
Through the Gender Studies Program we invite you to explore:
- The social construction of masculine and feminine identities
- How gender intersects with nationality, race, ethnicity and class
- The way in which gender identities are redefined over time
- Gender representations in art, film and literature
- How gender impacts the practice of science, health and medicine
- How gender is perceived in other countries