The Political Science Department offers the following degree options:
Through a Political Science degree, students will:
- Look in depth at the fundamental concepts and values that underlie human decision-making.
- Examine the social and political structures and processes through which such decisions are shaped and carried out.
- Learn to analyze complex organizational and legal phenomena.
- Survey the inventiveness of cultures in devising ways to provide government.
- Gain additional understanding from closely related social sciences, such as economics, history, anthropology, and psychology.
In acquiring this knowledge, Political Science majors will be challenged to extend their analytical and research skills, to polish their talents for written and oral communication, and to sharpen their abilities for rigorous and independent judgment.