Advancing Women's Leadership
Launched by a group of local business, education and civic leaders as a one day public forum that brings outstanding women leaders to Stockton, California to inspire and empower youth and adults alike, Advancing Women's Leadership (AWL) is now a movement to transform our community through the leadership development of women and girls. Like us on Facebook and join the conversation using #AWL2015!
With its home at University of the Pacific, AWL will serve as a collaborative community effort that will promote women's leadership throughout San Joaquin County by:
- Serving as a conduit of information, ideas and resources on women's leadership
- Educating local organizations on women's economic and civic impact
- Cultivating future leaders from the region by providing educational and training opportunities
- Showcasing women's leadership
AWL activities and programs fulfill Pacific's University-wide learning outcome of Collaboration and Leadership:
- Work cooperatively with others toward a common goal.
- Demonstrate effective social interaction skills appropriate to the occasion, task, and audience.
- Influence others ethically toward achievement of a common goal to effect positive change.
- Demonstrate accountability for one's decisions and actions.