Loan Exit Interview Information
If you received a Federal Perkins Loan, Health Profession Student Loan, or Institutional Loan, you are required to complete an Exit Interview. A list of Frequently Asked Questions about the Exit Interview is provided below.
Why do I have to do an Exit Interview?
Federal regulations require borrowers only with Federal loans to complete an Exit Interview prior to leaving the University (e.g., graduating or stop attending). Borrowers with University Institutional Loans are also required to complete an Exit Interview.
What is the purpose of the Exit Interview?
The Exit Interview will help the borrower understand his/her rights and responsibilities regarding loans borrowed. Also, it provides reference information to the lender, the University of the Pacific, for collection purposes.
When Should I complete the Exit Interview?
All Exit Interviews must be completed upon leaving the University, or if the borrower is not enrolled at least half-time (6 units or more, except for Graduate Students). All University benefits such as diplomas and transcripts will be placed on hold until the Exit Interview is complete.
How Do I Access the Exit Interview?
To access and complete the On-Line Exit Interview, access your ECSI account.
- Click on "Students" Tab.
- Enter the following information:
- School Code: Z4
- Account number: Your 9-digit Pacific Identification Number
- Pin Number: To obtain your Pin Number; Click on "Need Help Logging In?", input the required information and click "Submit".
- To have your Pin Number emailed to you, contact the Student Loans Department.
- View the Main Menu Screen:
- eSignature Menu
- Click on Unsigned Exit Interviews
Tips for Completing the Exit Interview
- Do not leave an answer blank or indicate N/A.
- Your next of kin personal reference can have the same address as you. Make sure your three personal references do not live at the same address as you or any other reference on the exit interview.
- If you elect to receive e-bills, your statement and loan information will go to the email address you provide. If you use a Spam Filter, please make sure to set your filter to allow mail from firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Also, do not use Pacific's email address, use a permanent email address you will check on a regular basis.
- If you elect to receive a paper billing statement, it will be mailed to the permanent address you provide on the exit interview.
I'd like to complete my Exit Interview, but it is not listed in the list of Pending Exits.
If your Exit Interview does not appear, check back in 24 hours. If after 24 hours, the Exit Interview still does not appear, contact Student Loans Department .
How will I know my Exit Interview is complete and the holds were removed from my account?
Upon completing the Exit Interview, you will receive an immediate confirmation from ECSI. However, the Student Loans Department reviews your Exit Interview to insure completeness and will remove your Exit Interview "Hold". To verify the Exit Interview "Hold" is removed, you can login into your Inside Pacific account.
If additional information is required, you will receive an email from the Student Loans Department to the email address you provided on your Exit Interview. To respond, simply reply to the email with the requested information. Please note: When you are updating your information, you will not need to complete the entire Exit Interview again.