Use ILLiad, our interlibrary loan system, to request library materials that we don't own. You can use ILLiad to request articles, books, scores, CDs, and DVDs. Articles will be delivered electronically.
- Currently enrolled graduate and undergraduate students
- Current faculty, Emeriti faculty, and staff
- Students, faculty and staff may be enrolled/employed at any of Pacific's campuses (Stockton, San Francisco, or Sacramento)
- McGeorge faculty, staff and students: see the McGeorge Law Library
- Alumni & Special Borrowers are not eligible
How do I submit a request?
- First, search PacifiCat & the E-Journals List to verify that we don't already have the item(s) you need.
- Log in to ILLiad using your PacificNet ID and password.
- If you haven't yet, do a 1-time set up of user account information.
- Choose the appropriate form: Book for loaned materials & Article for PDFs or photocopies of research articles.
How long will it take?
- Loaned items: allow for 2 weeks
- Articles: allow for 1 week
What will it cost?
- No charge for most materials.
- We will inform you before retrieving the material if there's a required cost.
- Loaned items: request will be sent to us via 1st class mail.
- Articles: we will ask the lending library to RUSH the request. The average turn-around is 3 days. Electronic delivery is preferred.
- NOTE: Requesting material RUSH does not guarantee it will come via that method.
How can I check the status of my request?
- Log in to your ILLiad account and look under "Outstanding Requests."
Where do I pick up materials?
- Articles will be sent electronically through email.
- Loaned items (such as books and other hard-copy materials):
- Students, faculty and staff can pick up items at the Circulation Desk of the Stockton Campus Library or the Rite Aid Information Commons Library, depending on preferred pick-up location selected.
- Students, faculty and staff at the Sacramento & San Francisco campuses, or enrolled/employed in a distance-learning program through the University can choose to have the material mailed directly to them instead.
How long can I have the item?
- Articles - yours to keep
- Loans - loan time varies and is based on lending library. The average is 2 weeks.
Where do I return loaned materials?
- Items can be returned to any of Pacific's libraries:
- You may also mail books directly to the Stockton Campus Library. (Return-mailing fees apply.)
- In-Library Use materials must be returned to the Circulation Desk of the same pick-up library location.
How do I renew loaned materials?
- Renewals can be requested through your ILLiad account (non-renewable items cannot be renewed)
- After the due date - email ILL.
Questions about Interlibrary Loan?