Policies for Applicants
- Who has to submit test scores? All freshman applicants or transfer with less than 30 completed transferable semester units (45 quarter units).
- What tests are required? A set of scores from at least one of the following tests is required.
- The SAT (School code: 4065 )
- The ACT (School code: 0240 )
- How do you combine scores? We look at the highest of each sub-score even if they were each from different test dates. For example, your highest SAT Math score may be from June, but your highest Critical Reading score may be from October. Both of those would be used for admission and scholarship consideration.
- What makes a score official? Scores must be electronically sent to University of the Pacific directly from the College Board (SAT) or the ACT. This can be arranged before the test, or can be done online after the test. Because Pacific receives your test information electronically from the testing services, it should only take one week for your scores to arrive after you have designated University of the Pacific to receive them. In most cases, there is no need to "rush" your scores to us.
- What is the latest test that will be considered? Scores received in January from the December SAT or ACT tests are the last scores that will be used for admission or scholarship consideration for Fall applicants.
- What about SAT Subject Tests? Subject Tests are NOT required to complete an admission application or to be admitted. The following SAT Subject Tests are, however, strongly recommended for the indicated groups because they will be used for placement purposes if a student enrolls.
- All Students should take either of the SAT Subject Tests in Mathematics
- Students applying for the following majors should take the SAT Subject Test in Chemistry:
Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Chemistry, Chemistry-Biology, Civil Engineering, Dental Hygiene, Dental/Pre-Dental, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Management, Engineering Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Pre-Pharmacy