Pacific in Other Places on the Web
The University has an official Flickr group, several different Facebook groups, a Twitter account, and many other ways to keep in touch with students, graduates, employees, faculty, supporters and the surrounding community. The number of sites seems to grow with each passing day as students, faculty and staff continue to create new content on the World Wide Web.
Pacific's Facebook community has dozens of groups. Among them are:
- The University of the Pacific fan page.
- Casa Covell, a group devoted to the Spanish-language Learning Community at Pacific.
- The TextBook Exchange, a group for students looking for ways to save money on text books.
- The Class of 2011 group, for students who will graduate in 2011.
- The Pharmacy Student Group, for Pharmacy students.
- We Are a Big Deal, a group for students living in the north-west corner of the Quads.
- Eiselen Ladies, a group for females who live in Eiselen Residence Hall.
- The Jazz Club with Chris, a popular student-run Jazz program on campus.
- The Green Hand Society, an environmental group on campus.
- The School of International Studies.
- The Faculty-Staff Bookclub.
- KPAC Radio and Television, a student operated radio station and television station on the Stockton campus.
- Pacific Connect, news from Pacific's emergency notification system.
- Pacifican Editors, the profile for the students who run the student newspaper.
- Pacific's Public Safety Department.
- Pacific's Golf Team.
- Pacific Basketball Fans, a group for supporters of the championship teams.
- Pacific Crew, a page for members and supporters of Pacific's rowing team.
- Joe Pacific, the group for Pacific's Alumni Association. There is also a second Pacific Alumni Group on Facebook.
- The Eberhardt School of Business fan page.
- The Pacific History Department fan page.
- The Pacific McGeorge School of Law fan page.
- The Pacific Athletics fan page.
- The School of Engineering and Computer Science fan page.
- The Psychology Department fan page.
- The Reynolds Gallery fan page.
- The Communication Department fan page.
- The Political Science Department fan page.
- The Pacific Multicultural Center group.
- The Pacific Recreation Center group.
- The Pacific McGeorge School of Law Alumni group.
- The Mathmatics Department group.
- The Theater Arts Department group. There is a second Theater Arts Department group.
- The History Department group.
- The Don and Karen DeRosa Center group.
- The Green Hand Society group.
- The Faculty/Staff Bookclub group.
- The KPAC Radio group.
- The Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry Fan Page.
- NutriCat, Pacific's Registered Dietitian dishing all things food, exercise, and nutrition related.
- PacWell, Pacific's 8 dimensions of Wellness program
LinkedIn is a social networking site for professionals who want to keep in touch:
There are several blogs with strong Pacific connections to them, including:
University of the Pacific Library News. This blog is maintained by Pacific's Library staff to discuss changes at the library as well as the latest issues being discussed by librarians around the world.
Political Science at Pacific. This is a blog maintained by the Political Science Department in the College of the Pacific, the University's liberal arts school.
Food historian and Pacific Professor Ken Albala has a popular blog about his experiments with food.
Jeff Michael, the director of the Eberhardt Business Forecasting Center, keeps a blog on economic stories and trends that interest him.
Twitter is known as a Microblog, where users can send links and updates using 140 characters or less. The updates can then be fed to a Web page or a cell phone.
UOPacific. This is University of the Pacific's official Twitter Channel.
COPacific: Twitter Channel for College of the Pacific, the largest and oldest school at the University.
PacificAlumni: The Alumni Association's Twitter account.
Dugoni_Dental: The Twitter Channel for the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry.
PacificMcGeorge: Twitter Channel for Pacific McGeorge School of Law.
AdmitMcG: Twitter Channel for the admissions office at Pacific McGeorge School of Law.
EberhardtSchool: Twitter Channel for the Eberhardt School of Business
Pacific_Hoops: Twitter Channel for our basketball teams.
Powercat: Official Twitter Channel for the Powercat
GoGreekPacific: Twitter channel for office of Greek life.
PacificRec: Pacific Recreation on the Stockton Campus.
UOPCSC: The Ceramics Club.
Pacific_Police: Twitter Channel for our police department. We are one of only two private universities in California to have a fully-trained police department with the authority to do investigations and make arrests. The other university is Stanford.
MusicatPacific: Twitter account for the Conservatory of Music.
PacificCommDept: The Twitter Channel for the Department of Communications.
PacificLibrary: Twitter for Pacific's Stockton library.
PacificPoliSci: Pacific's Political Science Department in The College of the Pacific
ASUOPAE: Associated Students arts & entertainment updates about student events, such as concerts, movies and "Tiger Nights."
ASUOPACIFIC: Associated Student Body
Familybizinfo: The Eberhardt School of Business' Institute for Family Business. This is run by director Peter Johnson.
PacificWebDept: Twitter Channel for Pacific's Web Manager.
ThePacifican: University of the Pacific's Student-Run Newspaper
BAaTPACIFIC: Twitter for Pacific's Bon Apetit dining services
PacificRGS: Pacific's Graduate Research Program
PacificBaseball: Official Twitter feed for the Tigers baseball team
DeRosaCenter: Twitter feed for the staff at the Don and Karen DeRosa University Center
The Brubeck Institute: Find out the latest concert dates and events
PacificPres: President Pamela A. Eibeck's Twitter feed.
Astro_Jose: Twitter Channel for astronaut Jose Hernandez, a graduate of the School of Engineering and Computer Science and a current regent.
RRojo: Twitter Channel for Richard Rojo, head of Pacific's Marketing and University Communication's Department.
BKlunk: Twitter Channel for Dr. Brian Klunk, chair of the Political Science Department.
EBelcher: Twitter Channel for our police chief.
PatFerrillo: Dean of the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry and interim Provost for the University.
ArleneBrown: Events Coordinator for the Associated Students of University of the Pacific.
EdSprague: Pacific's head baseball coach.
PacificMensBB: The official Twitter channel for the Men's Baseketball Team
PacificCard: The official Twitter channel for Pacific's Pacificcard (official ID card) office.
Pacificsoftball: The official Twitter channel for the softball team.
PacificPaHSAlum: Twitter account for alumni from the Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
The University has an official Flickr Group that includes photos taken by Pacific's staff, students, employees and visitors. If you have a photo that shows an event or location related to the University, feel free to add it to the Flickr Group. Flickr accounts are free and the group is open to everyone.
Each of Pacific's schools has its own YouTube account, and all the accounts are tied together through Pacific's main YouTube Page. There videos made by students, professors, employees or made for Pacific by professional firms can be found.
Foursquare is a popular location notification service that only recently has started to grow in the Central Valley. It is much more popular in larger cities like Sacramento and San Francisco, as it helps friends let other friends know what restaurants or nightclubs they are at. At Pacific's three campuses, many popular spots and buildings have been "marked" in Foursquare by students who want to let their room mates and friends know where they are. Recently, Pacific started its own Foursquare page. Head over there and follow us now.
SecondLife is a virtual online world where players can interact, exchange information and view information put in the "virtual" world by other users. Pacific has a campus in the virtual world. If you have a Second Life account (www.secondlife.com), you can visit the virtual University of Pacific campus at http://slurl.com/secondlife/U%20Pacific/219/136/23/. Visit Prof. Kenneth Day's Virtual Pacific Site for more information on Pacific in Second Life.
Pacific has its own channel in iTunes. It's part of the iTunes University section of the popular MP3 and video service. Earlier this year, the site was moved to the front page of Apple's iTunes University home page because of the high amount of traffic and wide-variety of quality videos and podcasts available there. You must have iTunes installed in your computer to view the site. ITunes is available through Apple.com and is free.