Pacific in Other Places on the Web
The University has an official Flickr group, several different Facebook groups, a Twitter account, and many other ways to keep in touch with students, graduates, employees, faculty, supporters and the surrounding community. The number of sites seems to grow with each passing day as students, faculty and staff continue to create new content on the World Wide Web.
Pacific's Facebook community has dozens of groups. Among them are:
- The University of the Pacific page.
- The Pacific Career Resource Center.
- Pacific's New Student Orientation page.
- Pacific Student Advisors page.
- Pacific's Admission Office page.
- Pacific's University Bookstore page.
- The Textbook Exchange, a group for students looking for ways to save money on text books.
- The School of International Studies.
- There is also a second Pacific Alumni Group on Facebook.
- The Eberhardt School of Business page.
- The Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy page.
- The Pacific History Department page.
- The Chemistry Department page.
- The Biological Sciences Department page.
- The Pacific Alumni Association page.
- The Pacific Fund page.
- The Pacific McGeorge School of Law page.
- The Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry page.
- Pacific's Dental Hygiene page.
- The Pacific Athletics page.
- Pacific Men's Basketball page.
- The Pacific Bands page.
- The School of Engineering and Computer Science page.
- The Psychology Department page.
- The Reynolds Gallery page.
- The Communication Department page.
- The Political Science Department page.
- The Pacific Multicultural Center group.
- The Don and Karen DeRosa Center group.
- The Center for Community Involvement at University of the Pacific (CCI) group.
- NutriCat, Pacific's Registered Dietitian, dishing all things food, exercise, and nutrition related.
- PacWell, Pacific's 8 dimensions of Wellness program.
- Circle K an organization dedicated to benefiting the community through service.
- Pacific's Operation Smile, an international children's medical charity.
LinkedIn is a social networking site for professionals who want to keep in touch:
- Pacific's LinkedInU page for higher education.
- The Alumni Assocation LinkedIn page.
- The Eberhardt School of Business LinkedIn page.
- The Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry Alumni page.
There are a variety of popular blogs created by Pacific faculty, departments and organizations. View the full listing of blogs >>
Twitter is known as a Microblog, where users can send links and updates using 140 characters or less. The updates can then be fed to a Web page or a cell phone.
- UOPacific. This is University of the Pacific's official Twitter Channel.
- COPacific: Twitter Channel for College of the Pacific, the largest and oldest school at the University.
- PacificAlumni: The Alumni Association's Twitter account.
- Dugoni_Dental: The Twitter Channel for the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry.
- PacificMcGeorge: Twitter Channel for Pacific McGeorge School of Law.
- EberhardtSchool: Twitter Channel for the Eberhardt School of Business
- PacificTigers: Twitter channel for Pacific Athletics and Powercat
- Pacific_Hoops: Twitter Channel for our basketball teams.
- PacificMensBB: The official Twitter channel for the Men's Basketball Team
- GoGreekPacific: Twitter channel for office of Greek life.
- PacificRec: Pacific Recreation on the Stockton Campus.
- Pacific_Police: Twitter Channel for our police department. We are one of only two private universities in California to have a fully-trained police department with the authority to do investigations and make arrests. The other university is Stanford.
- MusicatPacific: Twitter account for the Conservatory of Music.
- PacificCommDept: The Twitter Channel for the Department of Communications.
- PacificLibrary: Twitter for Pacific's Stockton library.
- PacificPoliSci: Pacific's Political Science Department in The College of the Pacific
- ASUOPAE: Associated Students arts & entertainment updates about student events, such as concerts, movies and "Tiger Nights."
- ASUOPACIFIC: Associated Student Body
- Familybizinfo: The Eberhardt School of Business' Institute for Family Business. This is run by director Peter Johnson.
- ThePacifican: University of the Pacific's Student-Run Newspaper
- BAaTPACIFIC: Twitter for Pacific's Bon Apetit dining services
- PacificBaseball: Official Twitter feed for the Tigers baseball team
- DeRosaCenter: Twitter feed for the staff at the Don and Karen DeRosa University Center
- The Brubeck Institute: Find out the latest concert dates and events
- PacificCard: The official Twitter channel for Pacific's Pacificcard (official ID card) office.
- Pacificsoftball: The official Twitter channel for the softball team.
- PacificPaHSAlum: Twitter account for alumni from the Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- PacificPres: President Pamela A. Eibeck's Twitter feed.
- Astro Jose: Twitter Channel for astronaut Jose Hernandez, a graduate of the School of Engineering and Computer Science and a current regent.
- BKlunk: Twitter Channel for Dr. Brian Klunk, chair of the Political Science Department.
- ArleneBrown: Events Coordinator for the Associated Students of University of the Pacific.
The University has an official Flickr Group that includes photos taken by Pacific's staff, students, employees and visitors. If you have a photo that shows an event or location related to the University, feel free to add it to the Flickr Group. Flickr accounts are free and the group is open to everyone.
Each of Pacific's schools has its own YouTube account, and all the accounts are tied together through Pacific's main YouTube Page. There videos made by students, professors, employees or made for Pacific by professional firms can be found.
Instagram has become a very popular application that is useful for quickly posting photos and information from mobile devices. Our official Instagram account is universityofthepacific.
Pacific has its own iTunes U channel. It's part of the iTunes University section of the popular MP3 and video service. Earlier this year, the site was moved to the front page of Apple's iTunes University home page because of the high amount of traffic and wide-variety of quality videos and podcasts available there. You must have iTunes installed in your computer to view the site. iTunes is available through Apple.com and is free.