Welcome Back

A Return to Active Status student is one who has previously attended University of the Pacific and has been out at least one full year (two consecutive semesters not including summer). If you have been out of school for only one semester, you are not a Return to Active Status student and should contact the Office of the Registrar in order to enroll in classes.

  1. Submit the Return to Active Status application. There is no application fee. Deadlines are July 21 for fall and Dec. 1 for spring. 
  2. Submit your sealed transcripts that show any additional coursework completed by July 21 for fall and Dec. 1 for spring.
  3. Submit the the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), if applicable. 
  4. Contact Student Accounts to check if you have an outstanding balance. (A hold will be placed on your record if you have an unpaid fee/balance, and you will not be able to register for classes.)
  5. If you left on probationary or disqualified status, you must be cleared to return by the dean of the school or college you wish to return to. It is your responsibility to set up this appointment once you have been cleared to do so by the Office of Admission.
  6. Once you have been re-admitted and notified by the Office of Admission, contact the appropriate School/College/Program for advising purposes.
  7. Please note any special requirements listed below for students switching to a new major, Conservatory/music students and athletes.

  • An interview may be required for students wishing to change majors.
  • An audition may be required for Conservatory students.
  • Student athletes should be in communication with an athletic compliance staff member to discuss eligibility.
  • Students applying to return to the Doctor of Pharmacy Program at the Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences who cannot complete the degree within five years of initially entering the professional program or who previously attended under a different major are required to submit a new PharmCAS and supplemental application. If the curriculum has changed since you left the program, you will be required to complete the new curriculum in full. New applications can be found here.

    Return to Active Status Application for Professional Pharmacy Students
  • If you are a former Pacific student returning to complete the last few units or courses of your degree by the end of summer, please complete the Return to Active Status form to automatically activate access to registration. To verify your remaining degree requirements, please contact your faculty advisor or school/college. Be sure to send official transcripts to the Office of Admission for any courses taken at other institutions since last enrolled in Pacific.
  • If you are a current student at Pacific who wants to change your major to Dental Hygiene, please complete the Change of Program/Major Form.

Eberhardt School of Business

Interim Dean, Lewis Gale, 209.946.2644, lgale@pacific.edu


College of the Pacific

Associate Dean, Cynthia Dobbs, 209.946.2229, cdobbs@pacific.edu


Conservatory of Music

Assistant Dean for Conservatory Admissions, Frederick Peterbark, 209.946.2418, fpeterbark@pacific.edu


Benerd School of Education

Assistant Professor, Brittany Auernig-Roan, 209.946.3915, bauernig@pacific.edu


School of Engineering and Computer Science

Associate Professor Dr. Mike Doherty, 209.946.3031, mdoherty@pacific.edu


School of International Studies

Associate Dean Mary-Lou Tyler, 209.946.2650, mtyler@pacific.edu


Speech Language Pathology

Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, Dr. Jeannene M. Ward-Lonergan, 209.946.3227, jwardlon@pacific.edu


Benerd College (Organizational Leadership)

Assistant Professor, Dr. Jennifer Medel, 209.946.2683, jmedel@pacific.edu


Dental Hygiene

Director Dr. Lory Laughter, 415.780.2069, llaughter@pacific.edu


Pre-Pharmacy Advantage Program

Assistant Dean Marcus C. Ravnan, 209.946.2826, mravnan@pacific.edu


All Return to Active Status applicants must be cleared by Student Affairs prior to re-entry to University of the Pacific. If you have a judicial matter, please contact Academic Support Services as soon as possible at 209.946.2177 or visit the Student Conduct website.