Multicultural Affairs is now "Intercultural Student Success"!
The Department of Multicultural Affairs was established in 1995 to create and sustain a culturally inclusive community across and within the boundaries of culture and identity. In 2016, Multicultural Affairs began a transition to a strengthened focus on holistic student success and changed its name to Intercultural Student Success. The work of Intercultural Student Success is built on three pillars: Community, Capacity, and Advocacy.
Intercultural Student Success hosts, sponsors, and helps support events which affirm students' social identities and work to create and sustain an inclusive community at Pacific in which all students feel safe and respected. We design, participate in, and lead identity-conscious programming that brings together students of all backgrounds to maximize opportunities for co-curricular education which support student success at Pacific.
Check out our EVENTS PAGE to learn more!
Intercultural Student Success facilitates a wide array of trainings and workshops that fcreate and sustain an inclusive and supportive learning environment. Intercultural competency trainings provide critically important interventions that work toward dismantling bias on Pacific's campus and developing skills in students that are necessary for academic, personal, and professional success.
Check out our TRAININGS AND WORKSHOPS PAGE to learn more!
Intercultural Student Success works to promote personal excellence by equipping students with the self-confidence and autonomy necessary to reach their full potential. ISS provides support for the voice of students, staff, and faculty in order to create a more inclusive campus and validates students as knowers, allowing them to situate learning in their own experiences and identities.
Intercultural Student Success strives to provide enriching educational opportunities toward understanding and integrating intercultural dialogue, conflict management, and identity development that advances student success and community engagement.
Intercultural Student Success will serve to educate and inspire global awareness of diversity and social justice in order to build and inclusive campus community and foster identity-conscious academic success.
Through insightful and engaging opportunities, Intercultural Student Success will focus on student success and community support through raising capacity for intercultural dialogue and holistic understanding of one's own identities. The foundational values of Intercultural Student Success are:
- Diversity and Inclusion: A commitment toward recognizing the differences that exist amongst our community and ensuring the representation of all voices
- Social Justice: An understanding that the work of intercultural dialogue and conflict resolution is a continual process that requires the input of our community
- Leadership and Civic Engagement: Inspiring students to develop their capacity as change-makers for the betterment of their communities
- Advocacy: Providing support for the voices of students, staff, and faculty in order to create a more inclusive campus
- Empowerment: Promoting personal excellence by equipping students with the self-confidence and autonomy necessary to reach their full potential