Campus and Online Resources
Resources cited are not endorsed by or developed by Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at the University of the Pacific. Please note that outside links are not under our control, and we cannot guarantee the content contained on them
University of the Pacific Campus Resources
Addictive Behaviors and Substance Abuse
Depression and Bipolar Disorder
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance:A national organization with comprehensive information, links, media information and membership options for those with bipolar disorder
- Physorg.com: High Achievers Tend to be Bipolar - Interesting article about the relationship between bipolar disorder and high achievement.
- Health.com:Back to School with Bipolar Disorder?: How College can Unleash Mania - An excellent article which focuses upon the interaction of bipolar disorder with the stresses involved in returning to school. The site also provides additional excellent information about bipolar disorder.
- Bipolar Romantic Relationships: Dating and Marriage: An article by WebMD explains the hardships and solutions of dating and finding a marriage partner while one party suffers from bipolar disorder.
- 8 Myths About Bipolar Disorder: WebMD professionals explain some of the falsehoods associated with bipolar disorder.
- Understanding Bipolar Disorder and Recovery (PDF): The rundown on bipolar disorder, from definitions and symptoms to statistics and common treatments by the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
- MedLine Plus: A website with thorough information about bipolar disorder sponsored by the US National Library of Medicine and the National Institute of Health
General Mental Health
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Page updated 07/29/2013