University of the Pacific has implemented a campus emergency notification system, named PacificCONNECT, which allows the Office of Public Safety and other key administrators to send time-sensitive notifications via voice, email and text messaging. The campus emergency notification system will help us provide a safer environment, enhanced emergency communication and will keep our students, staff and faculty better informed.
How it works
In the event of an emergency on or near campus, the Office of Public Safety or key administrators will voice and/or text a message that will be distributed immediately through PacificCONNECT, notifying those registered with appropriate information about the emergency. Emergency notifications will be limited to such things as severe weather alerts, emergency building concerns, intruders or life/safety events. The system will be tested periodically throughout the year.
All students, faculty and staff will have the opportunity to register up to four phone numbers, one text message/SMS number, and one email addresses (in addition to their Pacific email address) for emergency notifications. For your own personal safety, we strongly encourage you to register your mobile phone number as your primary contact. The technology used sends text/SMS messages first in the event of an emergency. The information you provide will only be used for emergency communication.
Registration itself takes place through insidePacific.
How to register for emergency notification:
- Go to http://insidepacific.pacific.edu
- Enter your PacificNet ID
- Enter your password
- Go to Administrative tab (top left menu bar)
- Scroll to the "Pacific Connect" channel
- Select "Update your profile for emergency notifications"
- Verify existing information
- If changes are needed, enter changes
- Update any emergency contact information.
- Do not fill in the "International Access Code and Phone Numbers", as the system will not accept it.
- Do not enter on-campus number beginning with the prefix (in Stockton - area code 209- restricted prefixes - 946 and 932. In Sacramento - area code 916 - restricted prefixes - 340,453,733 and 739. In San Francisco - area code 415 - restricted prefixes 351, 729 and 749.
- Review your changes
- By clicking "Save," you're acknowledging that the information you've provided is "Knowingly" accurate and that failing to keep this information current and accurate puts you at additional risk of not being notified in an emergency.
- If no changes are needed, click "Exit"
- When finished, click the "Save" button. Your information will be validated and you will receive a success message. Click "Save." You will be returned to your insidePacific page.
Confidentiality of information
Questions about registration?
For more information, contact the Customer Support Center (CSC) at 209.946.7400 or email the Helpdesk.
Questions about the system?
Or contact your Campus Safety:
- San Francisco Campus Sgt. Berry Coleman 415.929.6669
- Sacramento Campus Jason Darling, Interim Director of Campus Safety 916.739.7306
- Stockton Campus Michael Belcher, Director of Campus Safety 209.946.2537