Want to learn more about academic resources available to help you succeed at Pacific? Our General Academic Tutoring Center is a great place to start. We offer quality tutoring in a wide range of subjects for all undergraduate students. Here are seven quick facts you might not know about tutoring at Pacific.
- We’re available to ALL undergraduate students – No matter your major or academic program, all undergraduate students can access and benefit from our tutoring services.
- No additional cost – Tutoring services are covered by your undergraduate tuition, so you can access our resources at no additional cost.
- Our tutors come highly recommended – GATC tutors are sophomores, juniors, seniors or graduate students who have succeeded academically with a B+ or better in the class they are tutoring or have been recommended by their professors. Plus, 84% of students surveyed said they received useful advice that helped them improve their learning skills at the GATC.
- We’re open six days a week – The General Academic Tutoring Center is open Monday through Friday during the week and on Sundays during the weekend, so you’re sure to find a time that fits into your schedule. You can see the full schedule on our Hub webpage.
- We offer course specific tutoring – At Pacific, you can access specialized tutoring in specific courses. For example, instead of receiving general chemistry tutoring, you can work with a tutor who specializes specifically in CHEM 023 or CHEM 025.
- You can book appointments in advance, online – Booking tutoring appointments online is quick and easy! Just visit our Hub webpage to get started. Note: Appointments must be booked 24 hours in advance.
- Drop-ins are also available – Drop-in times are typically available for biology and math courses (no appointments needed) Monday through Thursday from 3:30 –7 p.m.
Ready for academic support? You can find the General Academic Tutoring Center on the second floor of the William Knox Holt Memorial Library and Learning Center. If you have any questions, you can contact the Tutoring Center at 209.946.2437 or firstname.lastname@example.org