Enough is Enough is a national campaign to reduce campus and community violence
Nominations Open for 2014 Enough is Enough AwardThe Dr. Steve Jacobsen "Enough is Enough" Award will recognize individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to social justice and advancing peace
Nominations are now being accepted for The Dr. Steve Jacobson "Enough Is Enough" Award! We are seeking nominees who have demonstrated a commitment to social justice and to advancing peace in our campus and/or local community.
"Enough Is Enough" (EIE) is a national campaign that seeks to develop and implement solutions to campus and community violence. EIE is a program of NASPA, the national professional association of student life administrators. The award is named for Dr. Steve Jacobson, associate vice president for Student Life and champion for improving campus climate at Pacific for LGBTQIA students, faculty and staff as well as for his exemplary leadership of the national Enough is Enough initiative.
Nominations may be made in the following categories: student (undergraduate or graduate); faculty; staff/administration; and community leader or community-based organization. The deadline for submitting nominations is Tuesday, April 1, 2014.
To make a nomination, please write a brief letter of support explaining how the individual or community-based organization has contributed to advancing the goals of social justice and peace on campus or in the Stockton community. Submit nomination letters via email to: Dr. Lisa Cooper, associate vice president for Student Life at email@example.com.
Previous award winners include
- Professor Susan Giraldez for her contributions to the University's response to campus sexual violence
- Professor Laurie Lichter-Heath, faculty member in the Eberhardt School of Business, for establishing a student conflict resolution and mediation program, in partnership with Student Life as well as her work with Global Law Brigades
- undergraduate student Ginny Durakovich for her leadership in organizing a candlelight vigil
- Tyler Clementi and graduate student Parastoo Nina Massoumi for, among other accomplishments, her leadership designing, implementing, and assessing the Multicultural Center's Introduction to Social Justice Advocacy course
- With Our Words, Inc., a Stockton community organization for its award-winning and life-changing literacy work with local youth and Operation Peacekeepers for their transformational work with youth and preventing gang violence.
Last year's EIE awards recognized:
- Detwarn Buntun, '12, assistant director, Diversity Initiatives & Alumni Recruitment, Office of Admission
- Devon Guidoux, '14, graduate student and Pride Center coordinator
- John "Jay" Turner, '64 & '73, alumni
- Mr. Lester Patrick, community member
- Rev. Dr. Willie A. Douglass, community member
This year's honorees will be celebrated at a reception on Thursday, April 10, 2014 in the DeRosa University Center, Ballroom A. For more information about nominating a student, faculty, staff/administrator or community leader or organization, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.