10 Summer Safety Tips from your Employee Assistance Plan
Your Employee Assistance Plan provides a wealth of online resources and information. Here are some summer safety tips:
- Use insect repellents to keep mosquitos at bay
- Store extra propane tanks away from your grill or areas that may get extremely hot
- Always wear a hat and sunglasses when in direct sunlight
- Always wear a properly fitting helmet when riding a bicycle
- Always wear closed-toe shoes when mowing the lawn
- Inform yourself on what poison ivy and poison oak look like and avoid it
- Personal pools should have at least a 4-foot fence surrounding the perimeter
- Never leave a child unattended in or near a pool, even for a moment.
- Always use sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher and apply every two hours.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water, especially on hot days.
Click here for the full article. (First time users must enter EAPBusiness as your company Web ID and enter UNIVE as your employer name)