Lambda Pi Eta Honor Society
“LPH represents what Aristotle described in his book, Rhetoric, as the three ingredients of persuasion: Logos (Lambda) meaning logic, Pathos (Pi) relating to emotion, and Ethos (Eta) defined as character credibility and ethics.”
—National Communication Association/Lambda Pi Eta
Pacific's Communication Department hosts the Eta Iota chapter of Lambda Pi Eta, the undergraduate honor society of the National Communication Association (NCA).
Lambda Pi Eta (LPH) has over 400 active chapters at four-year colleges and universities worldwide.
Goals of Lambda Pi Eta
(1) Recognize, foster and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in communication studies
(2) Stimulate interest in the field of communication
(3) Promote and encourage professional development among communication majors
(4) Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of communication
(5) Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students
(6) Explore options for graduate education in communication studies
Spring 2010 induction ceremony for new Lambda Pi Eta members