Our majors can choose from a wide variety of applied experiences in practicum and internship opportunities located within the Stockton/Central Valley area.
From the time students begin their major, they have the opportunity to experience the application of behavior change principles first-hand through practicum placements and internships. Students can apply for a number of internship opportunities available for 2- and 4-unit credits, or simply for the experience.
- Populations available for practicum and internship sites include:
- Adults diagnosed with chronic mental illness (Community Re-Entry Program)
- Adults diagnosed with developmental disabilities
- Typically developing preschool and elementary school children
- Children diagnosed with autism and other developmental disabilities
- Families who are in transition or are homeless
- Women who have experienced domestic violence
- Dually diagnosed elderly adults