Social, political and community: Get Involved!
- The Conservatory Student Senate is elected by students to address issues of concern with the administration. Elected officers also plan educational and social events.
- The Music Educators National Conference (MENC) collegiate chapter raises the awareness of music education as a profession, develops resources and networks for music educators, and provides a social and academic outlet. Students participate in events with local schools and attend regional, state, and national conferences.
- The Pacific Music Therapy Association (PMTA) is affiliated with the American Association for Music Therapy Students (AMTAS) and Western Regional (WRAMTAS) organizations. PMTA sponsors service projects and supports networking and interaction among music therapy students.
- The Music Management Club hosts numerous visiting music business professionals during the academic year and organizes and presents the Annual Music Business Symposium.
- The Composers Club is a support group for music composition students. Each semester, they organize, promote, produce, and present concerts of original works.
- Sigma Alpha Iota is an International Music Fraternity that supports and encourages women musicians through innovative music programs and excellence in performance. Projects include professional service in the Conservatory and the community.
- Mu Phi Epsilon is an International Professional Music Fraternity for men and women whose purposes are the recognition of scholarship and musicianship and the promotion of friendship. Projects include professional service in the Conservatory and the community.
- Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia is an International Music Fraternity for men whose purpose is brotherhood, service, and performance. Projects include an annual benefit concert for local schools.
- Committees. Students have an opportunity to shape the future of the Conservatory by serving on faculty search committees, curriculum committees, and evaluation committees.
Part-time jobs include accompanists, librarians, office assistants, and music camp counselors. Students can also work in event organization, fundraising, and as production assistants. Many students are employed as stagehands and ushers in the Faye Spanos Concert Hall which produces over 200 events each year. Concert production includes training in sound, lighting, and event management.