Powell Scholars Program
2013-2014 Powell Scholars. For a list of names and majors, click here>>
The Nine Dimensions of a Powell Scholar:
1) Initiates a group/movement/organization on campus or beyond, to improve conditions in some way.
2) Demonstrates leadership in an area of interest - in an organization, or in their research or artistic endeavors.
3) Demonstrates an original scholarly or artistic contribution - presents or publishes a paper/article; publically presents a concert, exhibit, theatrical production, film, etc.
4) Demonstrates an in-depth connection to the local, national and international community, through volunteerism or other activities.
5) Applies for a prestigious fellowship or scholarship, and strives to win one.
6) Attends concerts/art exhibits/lectures on and off campus.
7) Gains international exposure through study abroad or other avenues.
8) Gains hands on experience in their field through internships, co-ops, and other avenues.
9) Not only exceeds the minimum GPA of 3.5, but be the top students academically in their respective field.
For more information, see the following brochure and "Pacific Review" story on the Powell Scholars Program. Also feel free to contact Powell Scholars Program Director Dr. Cynthia Wagner Weick at firstname.lastname@example.org.