In the event of a building evacuation:
- Remain calm.
- Walk; do not push or crowd.
- Take the safest way out of the building.
- Use stairwells and stay to the right. Do NOT use elevators.
- Move away from the building. Look out for falling objects. Keep roadways and walkways clear. Move to your assembly point and assist people with disabilities to safety.
- Follow instructions of emergency personnel.
- Do not return to the building until notified that it is safe to do so by emergency personnel.
In the event of a campus evacuation:
- The President (or her/his designee) will make the decision if the campus is to be evacuated, the length the campus evacuations/closure, and when classes and normal university operations will resume.
- Once a decision has been made to evacuate or close the campus, notification will be sent to the University community via Pacific Connect (e-mail, voice mail, and text), campus IP phones, e-news, the University emergency website, and an e-mail sent to the entire University.
- Remain calm and evacuate campus as quickly and effectively as possible. Students who live on campus will be bused to an off-campus location.
- Regularly check the University's emergency website (emergency.pacific.edu) for updates and information about when the campus will reopen. Do NOT return to campus until informed to do so via the emergency website.