What is a Transfer Admission Agreement?

A Transfer Admission Agreement (TAA) guarantees, in advance, admission to University of the Pacific. It is a formal, written agreement that outlines the courses and grade point average necessary before transferring from a California Community College (CCC) to Pacific. The TAA must be completed at least six months before you plan to attend.

What is the minimum number of transferable units needed to submit a TAA?

You must have at least 30 semester units (45 quarter units) when you submit a TAA.

What is the minimum number of transferable units required to fulfill a TAA?

You must have at least 60 semester units (90 quarter units) to earn guaranteed admission.    

What is the minimum GPA required for a TAA?

3.2 GPA for all eligible majors (may be lower based on TAA type)

When do the units have to be completed by?

Students must complete units the spring before transferring to Pacific.

Does the TAA require any specific course requirements?

No, but all recommended course requirements need to be met by the spring before transferring to Pacific.

Does my major have any specific course requirements?

Many majors do require specific coursework before transferring. You can view these requirements in detail by downloading our Transfer Guide.

Do I have to complete the IGETC or any other general education plan before transferring?

No, general education can be finished at Pacific. We will honor IGETC if you have it certified before transferring.

Do I have to be in good standing to apply?

Yes, you should not be on disciplinary or academic probation when you apply to Pacific.

Is a pre-evaluation of coursework provided as part of TAA?

Yes, we will articulate your complete coursework to see how it will transfer to Pacific.

Does the TAA have to be signed by a CCC counselor?

Yes, it should be signed and sent before Jan. 15.

Which terms accept a TAA?

TAAs are only accepted in the fall (filed by Jan. 15 the year you apply).

Is the major guaranteed as part of a TAA?

Yes, your major will be guaranteed.

What majors/programs are excluded from a TAA?

The list of excluded majors will be on the TAA site

Who can apply for a TAA?

  • Students transferring from a CCC
  • Students with other college coursework within the U.S. with their last school of attendance being a CCC
  • Students with other international college coursework that has been evaluated by WES

Can students who qualify for AB540 apply?

Yes, but AB540 benefits do not apply to Pacific, since the University does not charge out-of-state tuition.

When I am ready to apply for admission, what do I do? 

  • Complete the Transfer Application by Feb. 15 the year you are planning to transfer, including a personal statement
  • Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended (last college should be a CCC)
  • Submit Letters of Recommendation (optional)