2019 Assessment Conference explores intersection of academic programs and students support services
The 2019 Assessment Conference highlighted Pacific faculty and staff commitment to whole student experience leading to improved student learning and retention.
Pacific's third annual Assessment Conference on Feb. 5 featured seven presentations by faculty and staff that explored the intersection of academic programs and student support services, from their first day on campus to their career interview. These presentations highlighted Pacific's faculty and staff commitment to the whole student experience leading to improved student learning and retention.
Questions from the more than 50 attending faculty and staff ranged from "would you be willing to do a workshop on this topic?" to "what strategies do you use to assist students with narrowing their research topic?" Many moments like these echoed the conference motto: "come learn from colleagues."
You can review the presentations on the Assessment Conference SharePoint site (Pacific log-in required).
- Do You Know What to Do if Your Financial Aid Does Not Cover Your Balance?
Michelle Yan, Student, Division of Student Life and Ashton Ricketts, New Student and Family Programs
- Using Institutional Data to Assess Program (and Student) Success
Melanie Hash and Eileen Camfield, University Writing Center
- Developing a Sense of Self and Belonging in Residential Life
Maria Lazaro, Leticia Caballero, and Tavaris Baxter, Residential Life
- Using Guided Self-Assessment and Peer Review to Enhance Student Learning
Stephanie Thompson, McGeorge School of Law
- Assessment of an Undergraduate Research Outcome: To Explore Effective Ways of Helping Students get Engaged in Undergraduate Research
Qingwen Dong, College of the Pacific - Communications
- Connecting Courses to Capstone
Kieran Holland, College of the Pacific - Physics
- Assessment of Students' Interviewing Skills: An Ongoing Practice to Assist Our Students' Career Success
Shannon Edminster and Christine Haruta, Career Resource Center