Eligibility and Enrollment into SHIP (Student Health Insurance Plan)
The University of the Pacific is committed to the health and well-being of our students. All students defined below are required to be enrolled in a comprehensive health insurance plan as part of a non academic enrollment requirement.
- Undergraduate and PharmacyD Students enrolled in 9 or more units
- Dental Students, Graduate Students, International Students enrolled in 1 or more units
- Law Students enrolled in 6 or more units
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD): all residents
- Doctor of Medical Science & Doctor of Health Sciences (DMSc/DHSc) enrolled in 1 or more units
This policy excludes the following off campus, external partnerships and fully online programs, therefore students are not eligible to enroll in SHIP.
- MSL Online
- LLM Online
- Organizational Leadership
- Healthcare Administration and Leadership
- UOP International
Students that have their own comprehensive health insurance must submit the required online waiver EVERY ACADEMIC YEAR BEFORE THE FALL SEMESTER (summer quarter for dental students) to opt out of SHIP. Students who do not submit the annual waiver by the posted deadline will be automatically enrolled in and billed for the annual SHIP. Newly eligible students in spring semester must submit a spring waiver and reapply for the annual waiver in the fall. To enroll or waive, log on to gallagherstudent.com/uop with your InsidePacific username and password (see Health Insurance Waiver).
Per insurance carrier requirement, once a student is enrolled in the policy, the student is enrolled for the duration of the policy year. Students will have no option to terminate or waive out in the Spring semester unless they graduate or enter the armed forces.
For information about the University of the Pacific's Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) including waiver information, benefits, premium costs and claims: Please visit Gallagher Student Health or call the Customer Service Team at 833.233.0764.