About Test Scores
We know that this year is different in that many schools, including University of the Pacific, are now test-optional. We want to assure you that when Pacific says test-optional, we truly mean the test is optional. You can provide a test score if you are proud of that score and want to share it with us, or you do not need to share a test score to have your application be complete. Applicants who do not submit test scores will not be disadvantaged in any way during the application review.
If you complete a standardized test and would like to submit your scores, you can do so, but it is optional. Our school codes are:
Direct Admit (non-UOPI) International Student Language Testing:
|Test Type||All Majors|
All international applicants must take one of these tests unless they meet one of the following waiver requirements:
- SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing score of 570. If you have taken the SAT and would like to submit your score, you can do so, but it is optional. University of the Pacific’s SAT code is 4065.
- ACT Composite score of 22 or higher. If you have taken the ACT and would like to submit your score, you can do so, but it is optional. University of the Pacific’s ACT code is 0240.
- Citizens of the following countries: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Nigeria, United Kingdom and South Africa. If you are a citizen of one of these countries, you should take the SAT or ACT instead of an English language proficiency test, if you choose to do so. International transfer students with more than 30 units of college work do not need to take the SAT or ACT.
- All high school instruction in the U.S. and in English
- “A”-level English score of B or higher
- AP English score of 4 or higher
- IB English score of 5 or higher
- Two English Composition courses at a university or college in the U.S., with grades of B or higher in both courses
- One English Composition course and one Communications or Critical Thinking course at a university or college in the United States, with grades of B or higher in both courses