Page updated August 11, 2021
Before Coming to Campus
Complete COVID-19 Training - Employees are required to complete an updated online training course
Daily Self Screen - Employees are encouraged to conduct a daily self-screening prior to coming to campus.
Submit Vaccination Status - Pacific requires all employees to get vaccinated. Read more here.
Wear a Face Covering
Masks are currently required for everyone while indoors (including during course instruction) and should only be removed when eating/drinking, when in a room alone or with your roommates in your residence hall. Unvaccinated individuals must maintain social distance (6’) from others whenever they remove their mask to eat/drink.
Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated individuals will be required to undergo weekly testing for COVID-19
These requirements apply to contractors, consultants and vendors who provide services on University of the Pacific’s Stockton and Sacramento campuses and/or in University-owned or leased buildings (“University Property”).
These requirements do not apply to long term temporary agency staff, who must follow all University policies when working under the direction of a University employee.
All university contractors, consultants and vendors who provide services on campus or on university property must comply with the California Department of Health, County Health Departments and Cal/OSHA guidelines and any additional requirements and instructions provided by the University Representative with oversight responsibility over their engagement (the “University Representative”).
Contractors, Consultants and Vendors must also comply with the following university requirements:
- Unvaccinated individual must wear a face covering that complies with CDC guidelines and must be worn in accordance with the university's Health and Safety Plan. There are no exceptions to this policy for employees, workers, agents, third parties and all other individuals for whom a contractor or vendor is responsible when working on university property.
- Contractors, consultants and vendors who provide services on university property must notify, within 24 hours, Enterprise Risk Management (firstname.lastname@example.org) if an employee, worker, visitor, third party or any other individual for whom the contractor/consultant/vendor is responsible and who was at the work site tests positive for COVID-19 or leaves university work site due to symptoms that could be associated with COVID-19.
- If an employee, worker, visitor, third party or any other individual for whom the contractor/consultant/vendor is responsible, tests positive for COVID-19 and has been on university property within 48 hours prior to onset of symptoms, or date of positive test the contractor/consultant/vendor is responsible for:
- Notifying the University Representative of the positive test.
- Providing the affected individual’s name and contact information to Enterprise Risk Management (email@example.com) who will conduct contact tracing to identify university staff, faculty or students who may have been in close contact with the affected individual.
- Closing the work site until completion of cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces within the renovation/construction spaces that may have been touched by the individual, including break areas, elevators, stairwells and restrooms. The contractor/consultant/vendor is responsible for cleaning and disinfection or may hire a third party for cleaning and disinfection. The contractor/consultant/vendor must follow CDC guidance for cleaning and disinfection and use products that are effective against the virus that causes COVID-19.
- The affected contractor/consultant/vendor employee, worker, visitor, third party or other individual for whom the contractor/consultant/vendor is responsible may return to the university work site upon receipt of clearance from his/her healthcare provider or local health department. Clearance procedures must also comply with County Department of Health requirements.
- The contractor/consultant/vendor must submit documentation to the University Representative stating that the affected individual has been cleared to return to work by their healthcare provider or local health department. Please do not submit confidential medical information.
- Contractor/consultant/vendor employees, workers, visitors and other parties for whom the contractor/consultant/vendor is responsible must be provided with a means to review these requirements
Please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visitor/ Guest Protocols
All visitors or guests at the university who enter any building who are not fully vaccinated or unvaccinated must wear a face covering at all times.
The progressive discipline of individuals who refuse to comply with university health and safety standards will be managed in a manner consistent with university compliance standards. Employees who refuse to comply with these requirements may be subject to discipline consistent with Human Resource policies. View the Disciplinary Action Policy for Compliance Misconduct.