Weekly testing has been discontinued. Test kits can be obtained through many sources, including many online retailers, federal government, CVS, Walmart, etc.
Please remember to notify the school of any symptoms of COVID-19 or a positive test result. You should complete the survey here. Once you have completed the survey (be sure to use your Pacific email address), you will receive an email with detailed instructions for reporting your absence, notifying your close contacts, and isolation and conditions for returning to campus. It is important for us to track this information and notify people on campus if there is an outbreak in a specific work area or among a work group.
Did you know that federal law adopted on January 15, 2022 requires medical insurance carriers to cover the cost of at least 8 at-home COVID-19 tests for all covered members each month for the duration of the public health emergency? It’s a good idea to keep some tests at home in case you are notified that you have had a close contact, or you develop symptoms.
For Kaiser members, you can access the free tests several ways:
- Order self-tests from Kaiser Permanente. If you're a member with a kp.org account, you can order 4 self-tests at a time to be delivered to your home, at no cost. If you’re a Kaiser member but don’t have a kp.org account, you can create one here.
- Get no-cost self-tests at a Kaiser Permanente facility. You may be able to pick up self-tests in the pharmacies if you’re already planning a visit.
- Get no-cost self-tests from participating retail pharmacies. Medicare members can visit Medicare.gov for participating pharmacies and present your Medicare ID card at the pharmacy counter. All other members can visit Costco, Rite Aid, and Walmart, and show your photo ID and Kaiser Permanente ID card at the pharmacy counter. Availability of tests may vary.
- Buy self-tests outside Kaiser Permanente. These may be available online or at local retailers. You can submit a claim to get reimbursed for up to $12 per test, including shipping and sales tax.
For employees with Anthem Blue Cross insurance, follow these instructions:
- Anthem has a limited number of at-home diagnostic test kits available for certain members to order online. Log in using the SydneySM Health mobile app or at anthem.com. If you’re eligible to order an at-home test, you’ll see the option to place an order. If you don’t see that option, you’re ineligible but you still have other testing options available.
- You can still use in-person diagnostic COVID-19 testing sites. These may include your doctor’s office, a pharmacy or health clinic, or an urgent care center. Use our COVID-19 Test Site Finder to find a testing location close to you.
- At-home diagnostic tests can be purchased over the counter, online, at a local pharmacy, or from a big-box store.
- You will be reimbursed for over-the-counter COVID-19 diagnostic tests purchased on or after January 15, 2022. You may have to pay out of pocket at the time of purchase, but keep your receipt to submit a claim online. Log in to anthem.com, go to Claims & Payment, and choose Submit a Claim. You can also log in to the SydneySM Health mobile app, go to Claims, and choose Submit a Claim.
For everyone else, please consult your insurance carrier for information on how to access tests that are covered under your medical insurance.