2022-23 Financial Aid Checklist
Follow these steps to be considered for grants, loans and work-study. Pacific will award financial aid on the basis of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If your FAFSA is selected for verification, the funds cannot be disbursed your student account until we have received and reviewed your verification documents. The Office of Financial Aid will contact students who are selected for verification.
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Admitted students who have filed a 2022-23 FAFSA will be notified of their financial aid award.
Step 2: Create an FSA ID
Your FSA ID confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information and electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents. For more information on creating an FSA ID, download this PDF.
Step 3: File the 2022-23 FAFSA
Visit the Federal Student Aid website to fill out the FAFSA online.
- Have your FAFSA information sent to Pacific by entering school code 001329. Please note: Pacific does not accept the CSS Profile.
- If you complete the FAFSA online and your parent does not have an FSA ID or does not have a Social Security number, be sure to print, sign and mail the signature page. All online filers should print the confirmation page.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) on the FAFSA:
- To use the DRT, log in to the FAFSA website and proceed to the parent and/or student financial section where there will be a box labeled "IRS Data Retrieval Tool."
- Provide the requested information and you will be directed to the IRS's website, where you will authorize the IRS to transfer your tax information onto the FAFSA.
- You will then be directed back to the FAFSA website, where you will sign and resubmit your FAFSA with Pacific's school code, 001329.
- If the FAFSA is not resubmitted after the DRT is used, the tax information will not transfer to Pacific.
Step 4: Manage Your Cal Grant
Log in to mygrantinfo.csac.ca.gov and create your online WebGrants for Students (WGS) account to:
- Understand and manage your Cal Grant award
- Update your address, email or school of attendance. The California Student Aid Commission communicates with students using their email address on file so it is critical that you keep this information updated.
- Post a leave of absence.
- Allow a third party (such as a parent or guardian) access to your Cal Grant information.
- Satisfy outstanding requirements.
Step 5: Complete your file (only if selected for verification)
Verification is a process in which the U.S. Department of Education requires schools to collect documents to verify the information submitted by you and/or your parent(s) on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Schools are prohibited from awarding/disbursing financial aid until the verification process is completed by the Office of Financial Aid.
- It is important to not submit any documentation unless requested to do so by the Office of Financial Aid.
- If selected, the Office of Financial Aid will send you a link to create an account through "Verify My FAFSA" secure website, where you and/or your parent can submit and electronically sign your verification documents.
- Monitor your student email account for communications from the Office of Financial Aid.
New and returning students: View your Financial Aid Awards by using your PacificNet login.
Tiger Scholarships (formerly Academic Works)
View a list of Pacific scholarships for continuing students that are offered by various departments throughout the university.