Skip to content
  • Print
return to Student Health Services


University of the Pacific
3601 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, California 95211

Eligibility and Costs

2018-2019 Price List 

Students on the Stockton campus registered for 9 units or more or living on campus are charged a $165 Cowell Wellness Center fee for each semester. During the summer students enrolled in 1 or more units are charged $40 each summer session.

All students on the San Francisco campus are charged a Cowell Wellness fee of $60 per quarter.

Students in the Physician Assistant program will be charged a $165 Cowell Wellness fee per semester.

All other students on the Sacramento campus will not be automatically charged the Cowell Wellness Center fee. However, if the student would like to use Student Health Services or Counseling and Psychological Services the Cowell Wellness Center fee must be paid prior to any services being rendered. The fee can be charged to the student account by contacting Student Health Services at 209.946.2315 extension 1. For Student Health Services only, students may also elect to pay an access fee of $20 per visit.

We offer services to students who have paid the Cowell Wellness Center fee and are enrolled at any of Pacific's campuses. The fee waives the office visit fee for all students, regardless of the type of health insurance carried. Further costs are generated with the purchase of medication, diagnostic testing, or referrals to off-campus health providers. You can elect to pay for services at the time of visit or, when applicable, bill your health insurance company for certain lab work.

This fee cannot be waived for Stockton or San Francisco students, regardless of intent to use the Student Health Services or Counseling and Psychological Services.

If you choose to enroll in the student health insurance plan offered by Anthem Blue Cross of CA, most procedures and lab work from Pacific Health Services will be covered at 100% with a $10 co-pay for prescriptions.

If you have private insurance we are not contracted to bill any outside insurance carriers. Any lab work completed can be billed out by the rendering lab if you have a PPO, and in some cases you will be responsible for a lab handling fee. In order to bill your insurance company, you must provide a copy of a valid insurance card. You are financially responsible for any claims denied by your insurance company. It is your responsibility to determine which laboratory is considered "in-network" for your plan.

We can print a receipt that you may submit to your insurance company for reimbursement for services rendered. Please note that if you have an HMO most insurance companies will not reimburse you for care received outside of your primary care provider or HMO group.