Homecoming 2019 starts October 11: Here is What You Need to Know
Pacific's Homecoming and Family Weekend starts this Friday! This two-day celebration of all things Pacific is an ideal opportunity to connect with friends, discover campus life and create new memories. Students, staff and faculty are encouraged to show their school spirit by wearing orange and black gear and name tags if they have them.
To prepare for this weekend, here are things you need to know:
Online registration is closed but space may still be available at the events. Check in at Homecoming Headquarters (in the William Knox Holt Memorial Library) when you arrive on campus to register on-site. Contact 209.946.2391 or email PacificAlumni@pacific.edu if you have any questions.
Parking and traffic impacts:
To help reduce traffic and parking impacts, faculty, staff and students are encouraged to carpool or walk to work on Friday and Saturday, if possible.
- On Friday and Saturday, Oct. 11-12: Parking Lot 5 (Atchley Way adjacent to the library) will be reserved for 15-minute registration parking from 7 a.m.-10 p.m.
- On Saturday, Oct. 12: Parking Lot 20 (in front of Burns Tower) will have 16 "A" spaces blocked all day for Taste of Pacific winery parking.
Helpers are still needed to assist with the many events offered to alumni, students and parents during Homecoming and Family Weekend. Many of these events require attendee check-in, which cannot be handled by our volunteer alumni. Your participation is very important to the success of these events. The high-need events include:
- Registration in the William Knox Memorial Library
- Delta Sigma Pi Reunion in Grace Covell Tiger Lounge
- Taste of Pacific on Knoles Lawn
- CIP 50th Reunion Gala in the DeRosa University Center Ballroom
A list of available shifts is available online.
Please contact Marshea Pratt at 209.946.2999 if you are interested in helping or have any questions.
Pacific Homecoming online:
Get updates and information on the more than 75 alumni, family, student and reunion events by following @pacifichomecoming on Instagram. And don't forget to follow @pacificalumni for all your alumni news.