Pacific welcomes incoming students beginning Aug. 18
University of the Pacific welcomes the newest members of the Pacific family this week with orientation and Week of Welcome—WOW. During this time, orientation leaders, faculty and staff will greet our new Pacificans and introduce them to life on campus, including classes, resources and the many exciting opportunities for involvement. Orientation sessions began Sunday, Aug. 18 for international and transfer students and Aug. 20 for first-year students; Week of Welcome starts Aug. 21.
Week of Welcome—WOW
- Aug. 21-Sept. 1: This time is filled with dozens of fun events to welcome students and help them get connected at Pacific.
There are several ways you can help welcome our newest students and their families and prepare for their first week on the Stockton Campus:
- Greet new students and their families! When you are out and about be sure to say "hi!" to our new students and family members, stop and chat or just flash a smile! Help them to know they are now a part of the Pacific family.
- Wear Pacific attire! If your department approves, we'd love to have the entire campus sporting Pacific attire during the days of orientation and WoW, and please wear your nametags if you have them.
- Celebrate new students at Tiger Roar! Bring a smile, grab a confetti stick and cheer on new students as they exit New Student Convocation, Saturday, Aug. 24 at 11:30 a.m. outside of Faye Spanos Concert Hall.
- Be aware of parking and traffic impacts. While we have asked our new students and their families to park in "B" lots, sometimes they are not aware of the difference between these areas. If you see a car parked in "A" during orientation next week, please be understanding, even if you have to walk a bit further. We want our new students and families to have the best first experience on campus as possible.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact New Student & Family Programs at 209.946.7619 or firstname.lastname@example.org.