Housing FAQs for

New Students

Your Name

Building and Room Number,

University of the Pacific,

3601 Pacific Avenue,

Stockton, CA 95211

Mail is delivered Monday through Friday directly to your mailbox in your community by 5:00 PM. Large packages are available for pick-up from Mail Services from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.

Students may visit Student Mail Services for more information.

You do! Laundry facilities are available in every residential community paid for with Tiger Wash which is pre-loaded on students ID cards.

You do. Custodial staff cleans common areas and residence hall and Greek bathrooms daily during the week. You may not leave trash from your room in the hallway, the bathroom, laundry room or any shared spaces for the custodial staff to clean up for you. Apartment residents are responsible for cleaning their apartment common areas including kitchens and bathrooms.

RA stands for Resident Assistant. RAs are students just like you who have taken a leadership role in the residential community. They are paraprofessional members of the Residential Life & Housing Staff who help ensure that you have a safe, educational, and enjoyable experience in your community.

Leave these items at home:

  • pets of any kind (except for fish in a maximum 5 gallon tank)
  • illegal drugs, controlled substances, and paraphernalia
  • open flames; candles; sun lamps; incense
  • large holiday/string lights
  • halogen lamps
  • space heaters
  • water-filled furniture
  • exterior antennas
  • outdoor clotheslines
  • metal tipped dartboard sets
  • dead plants or trees
  • all firearms and fireworks
  • all weapons (including airguns, bb guns, etc.)
  • hot plates, toasters, and all items with an open heating element.

For more information, refer to the terms and conditions found in the Student Housing Agreement and Tiger Lore.

Check-out is 24 hours after your last final, or by 9:00 AM the day after finals.  Residence halls and Greek facilities will be closed for Winter Break.  Apartments will remain open. All buildings will be open for Spring Break; limited meal options will be available.  Summer Housing is a separate process.

There is no curfew in University owned housing. However, there are Quiet Hours which are from 11 PM to 8 AM Sunday through Thursday and 1 AM to 8 AM on Friday and Saturday. During these times, noise levels shall be at a level conducive to sleeping.

You will be able to use your new meal plan account in a variety of dining locations throughout campus including the Marketplace (our main dining hall), The Lair (the pub), and the Calaveras Coffee House. In addition, students will also be able to use their Dining Dollars at Starbucks (located in the Library), the Health Sciences Café (located in the Health Sciences Learning Center), the E.A.T. Truck and the The Grove (located on the ground level of the McCaffrey Center).

The Grove provides a variety of items aimed towards the apartment students, including new "grab and go" food options such as fresh made salads, coffee, soups, sandwiches, and desserts. Also available are household items such as laundry soap and dish soap.

The Marketplace features a variety of stations to choose from including a Taqueria station focusing on meals from many Latin American Countries. A Classics station featuring home-style American comfort foods; a Pacific Rim station offering specialties from throughout the Asian region; an Exhibition station focusing on grill menu options, and other menu options including such things as a salad bar, deli station, poke bar, home-style soups, freshly baked desserts, and beverages. At least one vegetarian entrée is featured at each meal.

You may park in B parking lots, which are adjacent to most residential facilities.  Permits are required and must be purchased within the first two weeks of classes or you will be cited. For a more economical option, please inquire about the C lot parking pass.

All users of parking facilities agree to abide the university's Parking Permit Terms and Conditions and to obey all Parking and Traffic Regulations. Parking is enforced by the Department of Public Safety.  Both Visitor and Student parking on campus requires a permit.

For more details, see Campus Parking.

Before you move in, you may request a specific roommate on your housing application through insidePacific.  Both you and your preferred roommate must do this and indicate each other as preferred roommates. Requests are not guaranteed.

After you move in, you may fill out a Room Change Request Form, available in the Residential Life & Housing Office, McCaffrey Center, 2nd Floor, or online through the Housing Portal on insidePacific. Both you and your preferred roommate must do this and indicate each other as preferred roommates. Requests are not guaranteed. No room changes will be processed during the first two-weeks of each term/semester.

The link below lists a few items you may wish to bring to your new home. We suggest that you discuss with your roommate(s) who will bring shared items before arriving on-campus.

What to Bring

Housing FAQs for

Current Students


No, unless they are a current student that has never lived on-campus before. Only newly admitted students need to pay a $200 housing reservation deposit.

Residential halls are designated mainly for First Year students and some Second Year students.  Upper Division students are required to live in either apartments or Greek communities.   

Your housing lottery time will be available from your designated start time until the end of the lottery.  You may sign-up for housing once your class is over with.

No. Being on the wait list does not guarantee placement in university housing. Wait list requests will be processed  as space becomes available. Once you are offered a space, you will have 48 hours to accept or decline an offer. If you refuse the offer, the space will be released to another student.

Current residents can request or pull-in other students to their current apartment during the roommate pull-in selection. Pulled-in roommates may be removed/revoked if they are not in good standing with the University, including judicial actions or sanctions

The Housing Lottery for Open Space Selection is based on Units Completed.  Units completed is the sum of the units in progress (Spring/Winter) and all other units completed and recorded at Pacific. If you are concerned about your official units on record, please contact the Registrar's Office.

Because of the limited number of single rooms, all single room requests will be placed on the wait list. Single room assignment notifications will be made after May 1 for the coming academic year. To be placed on the wait list, please complete the Single Room Request form available at the Residential Life & Housing Office.


For single room requests due to accommodations, please register with the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities. 

No. Apartment communities will be assigned and designated for students who have lived on campus for four semesters

No. The Student Housing Agreement is for the full academic year: Fall and Spring or Fall, Winter and Spring (for students on the trimester system). 

For students studying abroad or participating in Co-Op opportunities, a petition may be submitted to the Residential Life and Housing Office through iamhome@pacific.edu.

No. You will have 48 hours to confirm your placement by submitting your signed Agreement. If you terminate after the Agreement has been received, there is at least a minimum $500 Termination fee for non-university approved terminations.

Please review the Agreement Termination provisions of the Student Housing Agreement Section 6. If a Student Housing Agreement is not received, the space will not be held and will be released as a open space.

No. You must select at least a Silver University Meal Plan if you are a First or Second Year resident; Bronze if you are an Upper Division resident.  Greek Meal Plans are reserved for students living in the Greek Houses.

Yes, all residents must sign up for a meal plan. Second Year residents have a minimum of Silver, while Upper Division students must select at least the Bronze Meal Plan.

Yes. If you are in pre-pharmacy, dental hygiene, speech and language pathology, you will be allowed to sign-up for Chan Family Hall, space permitting.

No, once you have been assigned you will not be relocated from Chan Family Hall.