Updated Nov. 24, 2020
Will there be housing for Spring 2021?
- Limited housing available in the apartment communities. We will be utilizing the Townhouse Apartments, Calaveras Hall, Monagan Hall, and Chan Family Hall apartment complexes. The McCaffrey Apartments, residence halls, and Greek Houses will not be available for housing during the Spring semester.
If I already live on-campus, will I need to reapply for housing for the Spring 2021 semester?
- All students wishing to be considered for Spring 2021 housing will need to complete a Spring 2021 Housing Application and Spring 2021 Housing Agreement. Fall Housing Agreements terminate at the end of the Fall semester.
How do I apply for housing for the Spring 2021 semester?
- The housing agreement is available for review on the Residential Life & Housing website here. You can apply for Spring 2021 housing and sign your agreement by signing into InsidePacific with your student credentials and visiting the Living Tab > Housing Portal.
Can I apply for housing and cancel my application later if I do not need to be on campus?
- Spring 2021 Housing agreement allows students to cancel their contract prior to December 18, 2020 without incurring a cancellation fee.
If in-person classes are facilitated on campus, and then shifted to remote instruction in the Spring, will residents be expected to move out of housing?
- Each student approved for housing will be required to have a plan for moving out of campus housing should the need arise.
If residents are required to move out, will we receive a prorated room and board refund?
- If the university requires students to move, students will be eligible for a prorated refund per the housing agreement.
Will I be able to live on campus over the winter break?
- Residents without Spring 2021 housing assignments will be asked to submit a request to Residential Life & Housing regarding their intent to stay in their on-campus housing during Winter Break. This Fall Late Stay request is available on InsidePacific > Living Tab > Housing Portal. Residential Life & Housing will review each individual request and communicate with students regarding their individual request and approval.
- Students on campus for Fall 2020 with housing assignments for Spring 2021 may remain in their apartment spaces during Winter Break. Residential Life & Housing Staff will be in touch with you.
Will there be housing for Summer 2021?
- At this time, we anticipate summer housing will be available. We will make adjustments as necessary if pandemic concerns increase.
Will I be able to select who lives with me in the Spring 2021 semester?
- When you submit your housing application and housing agreement, you will have an opportunity to indicate your housing preferences, along with your apartment-mate preferences. We will try our best to honor preferences, but do not guarantee that those will be met. We ask for your patience and understanding.
How is residential cleanliness being addressed in this COVID-19 environment?
- Students are responsible for cleaning their own apartment, including their bathroom and common spaces. Information regarding Pacific’s Health and Safety Plan for COVID-19 can be found .
- Physical Plant custodial staff will clean the common areas of the apartment communities.
Will residents be provided any cleaning supplies?
- Cleaning supplies for the specific apartment units are the responsibility of the student.
Since some apartments may be housing two students per apartment for spring 2021, how is it possible for students to social distance?
- Students with apartment mates for Spring 2021 will have a private bedroom and private bathroom with shared common living spaces. Students will need to talk to their apartment mates to identify living expectations for the apartment.
What is the Daily Health Screening and who needs to complete it?
- All students living on campus are required to complete a short COVID-19 screening questionnaire that can be accessed using this before noon each day, including weekends. When you access the questionnaire, you will need to enter your regular university username and password. This is to be completed daily for each day you are on campus. Students who do not complete the questionnaire may be subject to disciplinary action through the student conduct process, including termination of the Housing Agreement.
What social distancing expectations will be in place for the Spring 2021 semester for those who live in housing? Will we be able to have guests?
- Students living in campus housing during the Spring need to be aware that COVID-19 health and safety protocols will be in place and strictly enforced. This includes, but is not limited to social distancing, completing a daily self-screening questionnaire, wearing facial coverings at all times while on campus (except while in your apartment), no in-person social activities, no non-resident guests allowed in your apartments/rooms (including family members), and no visiting other building or floor residents in their apartments.
When will we be required to wear a cloth face covering or disposable mask and when can we remove them?
- Residents are required to wear a mask at all times when they are on campus, except while in apartment. Students will be provided with a cloth facial covering and a thermometer during move-in.
How will social distancing guidelines and policies be enforced in housing?
- Resident Assistants have been trained to document and submit reports regarding policy violations, including those related to Social Distancing Guidelines. Incident reports are submitted to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards and will be addressed via the conduct process.
What should I do if I am stressed and need help?
- Our Counseling and Psychology Services team is here to assist. Learn more >
- Our Care Managers are here to assist. Learn more >
What types of events/programs can I expect while living on-campus?
- There will be no in-person social activities. Residential Life & Housing are focused on virtual community building and will continue to host Saturday Socials on a weekly basis via Zoom. Resident Assistants will be checking in with residents on a weekly basis and hosting virtual programming throughout the semester.
Will I be required to have a meal plan for Spring 2021?
- All students will be required to purchase a minimum Copper meal plan (no exceptions) but may upgrade their plan if they desire. The Bronze meal plan will not be available for Spring 2021 semester.
What are available dining options on-campus? If I don’t want to eat in my apartment, what are my other options?
- Dining is currently provided as to-go meals only with no in-house seating available. Students will be able to purchase hot meals as well as grocery items using their dining points.
When is move-in for the Spring 2021 semester?
- January 3, 2021: Pharmacy Students
- January 5, 2021: International Students
- January 9, 2021: New & Returning Students Move-in Day 9am to 5pm
- Additional information about move in times will be communicated to student emails.
How will room change requests be processed?
- There will be no room changes allowed during the first 2 weeks of the semester. After that time, room change requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis and approved as space is available.