Housing FAQ for new students

What is my campus address, and how do I receive mail?
Your Name
Building and Room Number
University of the Pacific
3601 Pacific Ave.
Stockton, CA 95211
Mail is delivered Monday through Friday directly to your mailbox in your community by 5 p.m. Large packages are available for pick-up from Mail Services from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
You can visit Student Mail Services for more information.
Who washes my laundry?
You do! Laundry facilities are available in every residential community paid for with Tiger Wash, which is pre-loaded on your student ID card.
Who cleans my living space?
You do. Custodial staff cleans common areas and residence hall and Greek bathrooms daily throughout the week. You may not leave trash from your room in the hallway, the bathroom, laundry room, or any shared spaces for the custodial staff to clean up for you. Apartment residents are responsible for cleaning their apartment common areas including kitchens and bathrooms.
What is an RA?
RA stands for Resident Assistant. RAs are students just like you who have taken a leadership role in the residential community. They are paraprofessional members of the Residential Life and Housing staff who help ensure that you have a safe, educational, and enjoyable experience in your community.
What should I leave at home?
Leave these items at home:
Pets of any kind (except for fish in a maximum 5 gallon tank)
Illegal drugs, controlled substances, and paraphernalia
Open flames, candles, sun lamps, and incense
Large holiday/string lights
Halogen lamps
Space heaters
Water-filled furniture
Exterior antennas
Outdoor clotheslines
Metal tipped dartboard sets
Dead plants or trees
All firearms and fireworks
All weapons (including air guns, bb guns, etc.)
Hot plates, toasters, and all items with an open heating element
For more information, refer to the terms and conditions found in the Student Housing Agreement and Tiger Lore.
Do I have a curfew in housing?
There is no curfew in university-owned housing. However, there are quiet hours which are from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m. Sunday through Thursday and 1 a.m. to 8 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. During these times, noise levels should be at a level conducive to sleeping.
How do I use my new meal plan?
You will be able to use your new meal plan account in a variety of dining locations throughout campus, including the Marketplace (our main dining hall), The Lair (the pub), and the Calaveras Coffee House. In addition, you will be able to use your dining dollars at Starbucks (located in the Library), the Health Sciences Café (located in the Health Sciences Learning Center), the E.A.T. Truck, and The Grove (located on the ground level of the McCaffrey Center).
The Grove provides a variety of items aimed towards the apartment students, including new grab-and-go food options, such as freshly made salads, coffee, soups, sandwiches, and desserts. Also available are household items such as laundry soap and dish soap.
The Marketplace features a variety of stations to choose from, including a taqueria station focusing on meals from many Latin American countries. There also is a classics station featuring home-style American comfort foods, a Pacific Rim station offering specialties from throughout the Asian region, and an exhibition station focusing on grill menu options. Other menu options include things like a salad bar, deli station, poke bar, home-style soups, freshly baked desserts, and beverages. At least one vegetarian entrée is featured at each meal.
Where do I park?
You may park in B parking lots, which are adjacent to most residential facilities. Permits are required and must be purchased within the first two weeks of classes or you will be cited. For a more economical option, please inquire about the C lot parking pass.
All users of parking facilities agree to abide the university's Parking Permit Terms and Conditions and to obey all parking and traffic regulations. Parking is enforced by the Department of Public Safety. Both visitor and student parking on campus requires a permit.
For more details, see Campus Parking.
How do I request a roommate?
Before you move in, you may request a specific roommate on your housing application through InsidePacific. Both you and your preferred roommate must do this and indicate each other as preferred roommates. Requests are not guaranteed.
After you move in, you may fill out a Room Change Request Form, available in the Residential Life and Housing office (second floor of the McCaffrey Center) or online through the housing portal on InsidePacific. Both you and your preferred roommate must do this and indicate each other as preferred roommates. Requests are not guaranteed. No room changes will be processed during the first two-weeks of each term/semester.
What do I bring to my new home?
The link below lists a few items you might want to bring to your new home. We suggest that you discuss with your roommate(s) who will bring shared items before arriving on campus.
What to Bring — Residence Halls (pdf)

What to Bring — Apartments (pdf)

Housing FAQ for Current Students

Are continuing or students returning from abroad required to submit a housing reservation deposit?
No, unless you are a current student that has never lived on campus before. Only newly admitted students need to pay a $200 housing reservation deposit.
Can I live in the residence halls for more than four semesters?
Residential halls are designated mainly for first-year students and some second-year students. Upper division students are required to live in either apartments or Greek communities.   
I have class/work during my scheduled day. How do I sign up for housing?
Your housing lottery time will be available from your designated start time until the end of the lottery. You may sign up for housing once your class is over with.
If I am placed on the waitlist, will I be guaranteed housing?
No. Being on the waitlist does not guarantee placement in university housing. Waitlist requests will be processed as space becomes available. Once you are offered a space, you will have 48 hours to accept or decline an offer. If you refuse the offer, the space will be released to another student.
Can I pull in another student to my room or apartment?
Current residents can request or pull in other students to their current apartment during the roommate pull-in selection process. Pulled-in roommates may be removed/revoked if they are not in good standing with the university, including judicial actions or sanctions.
How is my place in the housing lottery determined?
The housing lottery for Open-space Selection is based on units completed. Units completed is the sum of the units in progress (spring/winter) and all other units completed and recorded at Pacific. If you are concerned about your official units on record, please contact the Registrar's Office.
How do I sign up for a single room?
Because of the limited number of single rooms, all single room requests will be placed on the wait list. Single room assignment notifications will be made after May 1 for the coming academic year. To be placed on the waitlist, please complete the Single Room Request Form available at the Residential Life and Housing office.
For single room requests due to accommodations, please register with the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities.
If I live in an apartment, can I pull in a student who does not qualify for an apartment?
No. Apartment communities will be assigned and designated for students who have lived on campus for four semesters.
Can I sign up for one semester of housing only?
No. The Student Housing Agreement is for the full academic year: fall and spring or fall, winter, and spring for students on the trimester system. 
For students studying abroad or participating in co-op opportunities during the Spring semester, a petition may be submitted to the Residential Life and Housing office through iamhome@pacific.edu. Students not living on campus during the fall semester are welcome to apply for Spring semester housing.   
Can I terminate my Student Housing Agreement without penalty?
No. You will have 48 hours to confirm your placement by submitting your signed agreement. If you terminate after the agreement has been received, there is at least a minimum $500 termination fee for non-university approved terminations.
Please review the agreement termination provisions of the Student Housing Agreement Section 6. If a Student Housing Agreement is not received, the space will not be held and will be released as an open space.
Can I sign up for a fraternity/sorority meal plan if I live in the residence halls or apartments instead of the required plan?
No. You must select at least a silver university meal plan if you are a first- or second-year resident and bronze if you are an upper division resident. Greek meal plans are reserved for students living in the Greek houses.
If I reside in the apartments, do I need to sign up for a meal plan?
Yes, all residents must sign up for a meal plan. Second-year residents have a minimum of silver, while upper division students must select at least the bronze meal plan.
If I plan to or will be advancing to the School of Pharmacy, do I sign up for Chan Family Hall?
Yes. If you are in pre-pharmacy, dental hygiene, or speech and language pathology, you will be allowed to sign up for Chan Family Hall, space permitting.
What if I do not advance to pharmacy, will I lose my space in Chan Family Hall?
No. Once you have been assigned, you will not be relocated from Chan Family Hall.