The Financial Aid Office is dedicated to assisting students with their financial needs. However, students should be aware that acceptance into the IDS program is not a guarantee of qualification for financial aid. Financial aid is awarded on the basis of need to eligible students.

There are two primary types of financial aid: federal and private.

To be eligible for federal financial aid, students must: be a U. S. citizen, U.S. nationals (includes natives of American Samoa and Swain's Island) or U.S. permanent residents who have an I-151, I-551, or I551C (Alien Registration Receipt Card). Other eligible non-citizens include students who have an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service with one of the following designations: Refugee; Asylum Granted; Indefinite Parole and/or Humanitarian Parole; Cuban-Haitian Entrant (Status Pending); or Conditional Entrant (valid only if issued before April 1, 1980). Students who have only a "Notice to Apply for Permanent Residence" (I-171 or I-464) are not eligible for federal student aid.

To be eligible for private financial aid, students must have a cosigner who is either a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.

All United States citizens or eligible non-citizen students are encouraged to apply for assistance. The Financial Aid Office will mail application materials to all eligible students who are accepted. The financial aid staff conducts a need analysis and provides comprehensive financial guidance for every student applying for financial aid.