06:00 p.m. - 07:00 p.m.
The University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law’s Pre-Law Boot Camp is designed for entering first-year law students who want to get a jump start on the skills needed to be successful in law school. Throughout the Pre-Law Boot Camp, the attendees will learn about legal writing, including how to engage in a proper legal analysis. Attendees will also be exposed to first-year courses and a series of hands-on learning activities.
Beginning in June, weekly 1-hour webinars will be available addressing various components of law school success. Zoom sessions will be held once a week on Sundays from June 4, 2023 - July 16, 2023. During these sessions, Professor Timothy Peterkin will lead discussions on the following topics:
- June 4 – How government works: Federal vs. state and the three branches of government
- June 11 – What is “good” law? Case precedent, stare decisis, and effective note-taking strategies
- June 18 – Case law and addressing the components of a case
- June 25 – Issue spotting activities and law school exam strategies
- July 9 – Case briefing and outlining for law school
- July 16 – Mock class
Questions? Contact Timothy Peterkin, Visiting Director of Academic Support, at firstname.lastname@example.org.