Search Committee for Provost and Executive Vice President
I am pleased to share with you the search committee to help identify Pacific’s next Provost and Executive Vice President.
Identifying our next chief academic leader is a critically important undertaking–one that will help us achieve our goal of becoming the best student-centered comprehensive university in the nation.
I am grateful to Vice President for Student Life Maria Blandizzi and Immediate Past Academic Council Chair Paul Subar for agreeing to serve as co-chairs. The committee represents a strong cross section of Pacific’s schools, colleges and campuses and our different stakeholder groups. Other committee members include, in alphabetical order:
- Elisa Anders, Chief of Staff to the Provost
- Randy Bass, COP '81, Pacific Regent and Vice President for Strategic Education Initiatives and Professor at Georgetown University
- Lydia Fox, Associate Professor, College of the Pacific
- Patrick Langham, Professor and Program Director for Jazz Studies, Conservatory of Music
- Jiancheng Liu, Professor, School of Engineering and Computer Science
- Mary Lomax-Ghirarduzzi, Vice President for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer
- Justin Low, Associate Professor, Benerd College
- Charles Moses, Dean of the Eberhardt School of Business
- Nader Nadershahi, Dean of the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry and Vice Provost for the San Francisco Campus
- Nassrine Noureddine, Associate Program Director for the School of Health Sciences
- Margaret Roberts, Director of the Eberhardt Career Management Center
- John Sprankling, Professor, McGeorge School of Law
- Deepti Vyas, Professor and Director of Interprofessional Education and Instructional Design, Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy
- Angel Zhong, President of ASuop
I am grateful for their service. I also would like to thank John Mayberry, our Academic Council vice chair, for his many efforts to bring together such outstanding faculty representatives to the committee, as well as the advice and counsel of Academic Council Chair Shika Gupta.
We have secured the services of Alberto Pimentel, managing partner and co-founder of SP&A Executive Search. Alberto has partnered with Pacific on several highly successful searches, including most recently the search for our Eberhardt School of Business dean and College of the Pacific dean. A prospectus for the provost and executive vice president position is available here. I encourage you to share it widely with your professional networks and submit names to Alberto at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will keep you updated on our progress.