The staff reserves the right to prohibit reproducing material if doing so would endanger the material.
Please contact us before paying online.
Make check payable to "University of the Pacific Library" and send to:
Holt-Atherton Special Collections
University of the Pacific
3601 Pacific Ave
Stockton CA 95211
[Use of the images beyond research requires publication fees. See below.]
20 cents per copy-scan
Minimum $5 for remote requests
$10 per half hour for large copy-scan orders
$25 per high quality scan. Images delivered at 300 dpi, TIFF, 100% of original size.
Audio or video dubbing or recording
$25 per videotape, audiocassette, DVD, or CD presentation transferred to appropriate format.
Permission to Publish
Western Americana or University Archives
- $25 per image of photographs or other materials
- $10 per minute of audio or video
- Commercial use (e.g. Advertising) will require additional charges
- Credit line for Western Americana or University Archives: "[Identification of item and collection] Holt-Atherton Special Collections, University of the Pacific Library"
John Muir Papers
- $50 per image
- Up to 300 words from the John Muir Papers may be published at no charge. $50 for each increment of 300 words of quoted text or portion thereof beyond the first 300, either combined in a single passage or scattered in selected quotations.
- Commercial use (e.g. advertising) will require additional charges
- Credit line for John Muir Papers: "[Identification of item] John Muir Papers, Holt-Atherton Special Collections, University of the Pacific Library. © 1984 Muir-Hanna Trust"