Federal regulations require borrowers with Federal loans to complete an Exit Interview prior to leaving the University (e.g., graduating or no longer enrolled). The University requires that Exit Interviews be completed for all Institutional Loans borrowers.
What is the Purpose of the Exit Interview?
The Exit Interview will help the borrower understand his/her rights and responsibilities regarding the terms of the loans and funds borrowed. Also, it provides reference information to the lender, the University of the Pacific, to assist in collecting on the loans.
When Should I Complete the Exit Interview?
All Exit Interviews must be completed upon leaving the University, or if the borrower is not enrolled at least half-time (6 units or more for undergraduate students). All University benefits such as diplomas and transcripts will be placed on hold until the Exit Interview is complete.
How Do I Access the Exit Interview?
Once we are notified of your change in enrollment status, Exit Interview Instructions will be sent to your u.pacific.edu e-mail.
You do not have to wait for the Exit Interview instructions email but can complete the On-Line Exit Interview by accessing your Heartland ECSI account.
1. Click on the "Sign In or Register" button located at the top right of the screen.
2. Choose "Sign In" if you have an existing profile or "Register" to create a new profile.
3. Your Heartland KEY is shown in your billing statement, or you can retrieve it by using your account number (Your 9-digit Pacific Student ID Number).
4. Click "Documents" in your Account Overview screen.
5. Click "Review and Sign" under EXIT INTERVIEWS section.
* If you have any trouble logging in to Heartland ECSI website, please contact ECSI customer service at (844) 865-6544.
* If you have any questions about completing your Exit Interview, please contact our office at (209) 946-2446 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips for Completing the Exit Interview:
- We cannot accept N/A or blanks as answers.
- Your next of kin personal reference can have the same address as you. Make sure your three (3) personal references do not live at the same address as you or any other reference on the exit interview.
- If you elect to receive e-bills, your statement and loan information will go to the email address you provide. If you use a Spam Filter, please make sure to set your filter to allow mail from email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please do not use your Pacific's e-mail address. We recommend you provide a permanent e-mail address that you will accessing when you enter repayment.
- If you elect to receive a paper billing statement, it will be mailed to the permanent address you provide on the exit interview.
My Exit Interview is Not Listed in the List of Pending Exits.
If your Exit Interview does not appear, check back in 24 hours. If after 24 hours, the Exit Interview still does not appear, contact Student Loans Department.
How will I know my Exit Interview is Complete and the Holds were Removed from my Account?
Upon completing the Exit Interview, you will receive an immediate confirmation from Heartland ECSI. The Student Loans Department will receive notice of completion of your Exit Interview and will review it to insure it is complete. If all information is complete, a staff member will remove your Exit Interview "Hold". Please log in to your insidePacific account to confirm your Exit Interview "Hold" is removed.
If additional information is required, you will receive an email from the Student Loans Department to the e-mail address you provided on your Exit Interview. To respond, simply reply to the e-mail with the requested information. Please note that onceyour Exit Interview is completed, you will not be able to log back in to make changes or update personal reference information.
Contact Student Loans Department
209.946.2446 (Fax: 209.946.2653)
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
(Thursday closed 8:30am - 9:30am)
Finance Center - 1st Floor
3601 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, CA 9521