Due to COVID-19, the Interlibrary Loan Services print requests and Link+ service will have longer timelines. Due to member library closures, quarantine times and mailing delays, there may be a 7 to 14 day delay in receiving print material from other Libraries and making them available to the requestor. Electronic articles requests might have an additional 3-5 day delay due to requests being filled from member libraries with reduced staff in their buildings. Pacific Library staff will notify you when your items have arrived and are available for pick up. ILL and Link+ items cannot be mailed at this time. Thank you for your patience. For questions, contact Monica Schutzman at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use ILLiad , our interlibrary loan system, to request library materials that we don't own. You can use ILLiad to request articles, books, scores, CDs, and DVDs. Articles will be delivered electronically.
- Currently enrolled graduate and undergraduate students
- Current faculty, Emeriti faculty, and staff
- Students, faculty and staff may be enrolled/employed at any of Pacific's campuses.
- Sacramento faculty, staff and students: see the Sacramento Campus & Law Library
- Alumni & Special Borrowers are not eligible
- First, search PacificSearch and the E-Journals List to verify that we don't already have the item(s) you need.
- Log in to ILLiad using your PacificNet ID and password.
- If this is your first interlibrary loan request, you will need to do a 1-time set up of user account information.
- Choose the appropriate form: Book for loaned materials and Article for PDFs or photocopies of research articles.
- Loaned items: It will take an average of two weeks.
- Articles: It will take an average time of three to four working days.
- There is no charge for most materials.
- We will inform you before retrieving the material if there is a required cost.
- Loaned items: we will request items be sent to us via First Class mail.
- Articles: we will ask the lending library to RUSH the request. The average turn-around is three days. Electronic delivery is preferred.
- Note: Requesting material RUSH does not guarantee it will come via that method.
Log in to your ILLiad account and look under "Outstanding Requests."
- Articles will be sent electronically through email.
- Loaned items (such as books and other hard-copy materials):
- Students, faculty and staff can pick up items at the Library Ask Us Desk of the Stockton Campus Library.
- Students, faculty and staff at the Sacramento & San Francisco campuses, or enrolled/employed in a distance-learning program through the University can choose to have the material mailed directly to them instead.
- Articles — Yours to keep
- Loans — Loan time varies and is based on lending library. The average loan time is two weeks.