Use ILLiad , our interlibrary loan system, to request library materials that we don't own. You can use ILLiad to request articles, books, scores, CDs, and DVDs. Articles will be delivered electronically.
- Currently enrolled graduate and undergraduate students
- Current faculty, Emeriti faculty, and staff
- Students, faculty and staff may be enrolled/employed at any of Pacific's campuses.
- Sacramento faculty, staff and students: see the Sacramento Campus & Law Library
- Alumni & Special Borrowers are not eligible
- First, search PacificSearch and the E-Journals List to verify that we don't already have the item(s) you need.
- Log in to ILLiad using your PacificNet ID and password.
- If this is your first interlibrary loan request, you will need to do a 1-time set up of user account information.
- Choose the appropriate form: Book for loaned materials and Article for PDFs or photocopies of research articles.
- Loaned items: It will take an average of two weeks.
- Articles: It will take an average time of three to four working days.
- There is no charge for most materials.
- We will inform you before retrieving the material if there is a required cost.
- Loaned items: we will request items be sent to us via First Class mail.
- Articles: we will ask the lending library to RUSH the request. The average turn-around is three days. Electronic delivery is preferred.
- Note: Requesting material RUSH does not guarantee it will come via that method.
Log in to your ILLiad account and look under "Outstanding Requests."
- Articles will be sent electronically through email.
- Loaned items (such as books and other hard-copy materials):
- Students, faculty and staff can pick up items at the Library Ask Us Desk of the Stockton Campus Library.
- Students, faculty and staff at the Sacramento & San Francisco campuses, or enrolled/employed in a distance-learning program through the University can choose to have the material mailed directly to them instead.
- Articles — Yours to keep
- Loans — Loan time varies and is based on lending library. The average loan time is two weeks.