Curbside Pickup & Mailing
Effective Aug. 10, 2020, the William Knox Holt Memorial Library and Learning Center is now accepting requests for physical materials – including books, CDs, DVDs, etc. Current faculty, staff and students can request materials through the library catalog and click on the “Request it” button which is located next to the item. Material will take 24-48 hours to be pulled. Library staff will contact patrons via email for the best method of delivery (either Curbside Pickup or mailing).
To request an item:
- While searching our online catalog, when you find a book you’d like, click on the Request It button:
- You will be prompted to log in to your library account, if you’re not signed in already.
- Complete the form, selecting the location of Stockton Campus Library.
- Library staff will contact the patron via email for delivery options either Curbside Pickup or mailing.
- The requestor is responsible for lost and replacement material(s).
- Electronic materials/articles can still be requested via ILL.
- Link+ and ILL print material are not eligible for mailing to students.
For questions regarding requested items, contact:
The William Knox Holt Memorial Library and Learning Center at 209.946.2431 or email@example.com.
- Current students, faculty, and staff of the University of the Pacific.
- Patrons will have the option to do Curbside Pickup at the William Knox Holt Memorial Library and Learning Center on the Stockton campus or have the item(s) mailed to their home address.
- Processing time per request may take up to two business days (excludes holidays and weekends) after the request is submitted.
- Materials will be held for Curbside Pickup for seven days.
- Mailing can take up to 10-14 business days; international mail will take longer.
- For Curbside Pickup, staff will contact the patron with pick up day and time options.
- Materials from both the William Knox Holt Memorial Library and Learning Center and the Rite Aid Information Commons.
- Available materials include books, DVDs, CDs.
- Some materials are not eligible to be requested for hold. This includes: reserves, reference, periodicals, and special collections.
- If you are requesting material from the Sacramento Campus Library, please contact them for information on their library services.
There is no limit to the number of items that can be requested. However, the library will reserve the right to process no more than 10 items per person per day when there is a heavy demand of requested items.
- If using Curbside Pickup and you have not scheduled pickup or picked up the book in more than seven days from your hold notice, the book will be returned to the shelves.
- If the book is unavailable, you will receive an email offering other possible options to obtain the requested item.
- Materials can be kept until the library reopens. All outstanding material will be renewed with no late fees.
- Curbside Drop-off will be available starting on Monday, Aug. 24, 2020. Please call the front desk (209.946.2431) if you have any questions.
- Material can be mailed back, at the sender's expense, to the library at:
University of the Pacific Library
Attn: Technical Services
3601 Pacific Ave.
Stockton CA, 95211