The Stockton Campus Library delivers services from two facilities on the Stockton Campus.
William Knox Holt Memorial Library and Learning Center
- Provides print resources in the humanities, fine arts, social sciences, music, business, education, natural and physical sciences, and engineering
Rite Aid Information Commons
- Provides print resources on pharmacy, physical therapy, speech language pathology and dental materials
These facilities offer a variety of study settings, including carrels, large tables, lounge areas, and group study rooms.
The University of the Pacific Library & Learning Center provides the Pacific community with:
- A welcoming, comfortable and safe environment* that promotes intellectual exploration and learning
- Access to well managed and diverse collections of library resources
- Access to academic support services and innovative technology spaces
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff
To best serve the Library & Learning center community, we ask all members observe established standards of library behavior. Unacceptable behavior interferes with the learning environment and may result in safety hazards, injury or damage.
We ask that community members:
- Behave in a respectful and lawful manner
- Refrain from engaging in any behavior in violation of University policies, including the Student Code of Conduct
- Follow instructions provided by Library & Learning Center Staff
- Respect designated quiet areas and quiet times
- Take responsibility for removal of any food waste, trash and/or recycling; clean up any spills and report any residual messes to the library staff
- Refrain from leaving personal property unattended and maintain responsibility for their personal property at all times
- Refrain from using the Library & Learning Center areas for prolonged sleeping or as living quarters
- Understand that strong odors/fragrances interfere with appropriate use of Library & Learning Center spaces and may result in being asked to leave the space
- Ensure that anyone under the age of 12 is accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times
Please report any violations to the Library Ask Us Desk (209.946.2431) or to Campus Safety (Non-emergencies: 209.946.2537 | Emergencies: 209.946.3911).
*When the Library & Learning Center is open after 6 p.m., access to the building is limited to Pacific faculty, students and staff with a valid Pacific ID card. Visitors without valid Pacific identification may be asked to leave the building during this time.
The Pacific Library is not responsible for items left behind by library users. Items left in the library may be turned into the Lost & Found at the Ask Us Desk near the main entrance.
Items determined to be of value (i.e. wallets, driver's licenses, cell phones, passports, etc.) are transferred to University Police as quickly as possible after they are turned in. Please contact the University Police in person or call 209.946.2537 to inquire about lost items.
Every other Thursday all remaining lost & found articles will be removed. Lost Pacific ID cards (aka PacificCard) will be taken to the PacificCard office. Hazardous or perishable items and/or containers will be discarded appropriately when received.
To apply for open student library positions, check out Handshake, the University’s student hiring portal! For help in navigating Handshake, contact the Career Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org | 209.946.2361.
We are committed to supporting you — our students, faculty, and staff — in their teaching and learning.
Location — Stockton Campus
3601 Pacific Ave., Stockton, CA 95211